Pages

Friday 10 November 2017

November in Rome



November in Rome is the month when you finally realise that summer-like weather doesn't last forever even in this sunny city. Just two weeks ago I didn't need a jacket to go out and I could barely remember the last time I witnessed a cloudy day. Rome itself seemed to be breathing heat, I think it has a lot to do with the general warmth and joyfulness of people who live here.
Nevertheless, Autumn is officially here!
Changing of the seasons is announced quite dramatically (everything here is) with rolling thunderstorms and heavy rains. It is as if someone suddenly turned off the heating and normal daily temperature of 20 - 25 degrees Celsius suddenly dropped. Instantly you need to remember where all your warm clothes ended up, rearrange the closet and maybe even buy an umbrella.

After living in Cardiff named the rainiest city of Britain for three years straight 
I kind of got immune to the rain. 

As a person who is quite changeable regarding my living location I don't tend to hold on to stuff, some things must be left behind and some are just lost. After my last move I can't seem to find my autumn boots which would have been very useful yesterday while I was swimming around the flooded streets of Rome. I am pretty sure they are lying around somewhere in Florence, where I previously lived, forgotten and lonely.  #nomadproblems

9th of November. Autumn is officially here. 

Rome becomes notably more yellow in November. I find that Villa Ada park is especially fit for appreciating the changing colours of the fall. It is one of my favourite places in the city where you can get away from all the chaos and noise that are inseparable part of the true Roman experience. What else can you expect from a mega city with barely functioning public transportation system? Don't get me wrong I do love this city, even when the buses are on strike, and yes even when nothing seems to be working.

Villa Ada. 10th of November, 2017.

Misty morning today.

I really enjoy jogging in Villa Ada, it looks a lot wilder than other parks in Rome and it makes me feel as if I were far away from the city life. It is also quite dynamic; one minute you are strolling down a perfectly manicured path and the next it seems like you've got lost in a jungle. You have hidden paths, secret bunkers, beautiful neoclassical architecture and the fact that it served as a royal residency for Italian monarchs. Fancy.
However, if you ask me the best part about Villa Ada is the little squirrels running along the tops of those giant stone pines throwing nuts down at the passers by. I swear this is true.

Paths are perfect for jogging.
Right here during the summer months musical festival Villa Ada Roma incontra il Mondo (Villa Ada Roma meets the World) takes place.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment